This is EWCC’s 3rd List of “Whats Open” and contains even more info gather from Our Health District, State, Town, Businesses and Other Chambers like Suffield and North Central Chamber of Commerce-While the release is long You can find lots of Info to assist as We Work Together to weather the crisis at Hand to Make not only East Windsor But the Region and State the spot “Where the Sun Rises” on Business Community.
Links to 1st & 2nd List published earlier(click on title:
Now Our 3rd Update-
(If You missed adding Your Business or resource please email email@example.com /we intend a 4th next week.)
North Central Ct Health District has various resources and information – Please click on following Link for information http://www.ncdhd.org/newsItem/covid-19-resources : http://www.ncdhd.org/ call 860 745 0383 Monday-Friday 830am-430pm
Governor Ned Lamont today announced that his administration, under the leadership of the Department of Public Health (DPH) and the support of several state agencies, is launching the State of Connecticut Joint Information Center – or JIC – as part of a coordinated effort to provide critical institutions playing a major role in the response with information on developments related to coronavirus (COVID-19).
The JIC is intended to provide all stakeholders – including the media, municipalities, school districts, hospitals, medical providers, colleges and universities, the business community, and others – with a resource to for specific information related to the State of Connecticut and its response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Beginning today, the JIC can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 860-754-8342 or emailing COVID19.JIC@ct.gov.
Members of the public who have general questions about COVID-19 can still contact 2-1-1 for information. As always, anyone experiencing symptoms is strongly urged to contact their medical provider to seek treatment.
For the most up-to-date information from the State of Connecticut on COVID-19, including guidance and other resources, all residents in the state are encouraged to visit ct.gov/coronavirus.
State Updates: https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus
Town of East Windsor (some info for those in need are located toward end of release)
MAIN TELEPHONE NUMBER: 860-623-8122
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT TOWN BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. STAFF CAN BE REACHED AT THE NUMBERS ON OUR DIRECTORY LOCATED at www.eastwindsor-ct.gov .
Town Website: https://www.eastwindsor-ct.gov/
Town Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/townofeastwindsor/
The East Windsor Schools continue to provide bagged breakfast and lunch for all students Monday – Friday 7 am – 10 am. These are available at East Windsor Middle School as “grab and go”. If you don’t have a way to pick up, please contact your child’s school and leave a message. We will attempt to assist you as much as possible. There is also an option for pick up at Mill Pond for the “grab and go” meals from 9 am-10:30 am.
Community Health Center (CHC) MEDICAL SERVICES:
Any parent whose child is enrolled in the CHC medical services and is seeking medical care can contact CHC’s main number 860- 347-6971. When you call in, you will be triaged over the phone by a nurse and referred appropriately based on your child’s symptoms. If it is determined that your child needs to be seen, you will be referred to the Community Health Center-Enfield site at 5 North Main Street, Enfield, CT 06082. Telephone: 860-253-9024. CHC behavioral health services are now able to provide tele-health services. If your child is enrolled in CHC and is requiring behavioral health services, you can call 860-852-0871. The message will prompt you to leave a voicemail and the voicemails will be forwarded to the appropriate clinician. Please note, when a clinician returns the call, the number may appear as a blocked number. Please answer so your clinician can provide the necessary services.
While Libraries are closed here is some info on them:
WAREHOUSE POINT LIBRARY: https://www.facebook.com/warehousepointpubliclibrary/
BROAD BROOK LIBRARY:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Broad-Brook-Library
Businesses Open including list of local and other towns:
Aqua Pool & Patio *Celebrating 50 Years”
Right now and as spring progresses we are available for chemical deliveries of $175.00 or more (so your pools don’t turn green!). For smaller orders, call us in advance or from the parking lot, 860-623-9886, and we will bring chemicals out to you.
Pool service is up and running with the warm spring. Schedule a pool opening and our crews will arrive with one-person per vehicle, keeping social distancing in mind, and get your pool up and running.
Pool construction is in full swing as well, as is pool design for those FUTURE backyard plans. With technology never before available we can do quite a bit remotely (Facetime or similar, on-line permitting, etc.).
Aqua Pool & Patio Inc. – HIC# 503482 – Pool Builder License # 0000044
Aqua Pool & Patio Service Corporation – HIC# 558149 – SP1 License # 0280519
Jojo’s Homemade Cookies
Jojos Cookies is a Licensed Home Bakery that specializes in Custom made Sugar Cookies- Perfect for a Birthday,Showers,Weddings,Coporate Events or Just Becuase-Located in Enfield-for more info please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Page Plumbing, INC is open regular hours and 24/7 Emergency Service!!
500-7 Talcottville Rd
Vernon, CT 06066
We provide, Plumbing, drain cleaning, water treatment & well service and more!
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/raypageplumbing/
Taylor Rental Enfield
Rental Store for Biljax Lifts, Bobcats, Thatcher’s, Seeders, Tables, Chairs, Tents. Save $2.00 off a 20 lb. propane fill up. (Regular $17.00)
150 Enfield Street
Enfield CT 06082
Monday – Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
New “Community Hour” every day 7 am – 8 am. This time will be reserved for seniors, those who are immunocompromised, and our first responders, to allow for the most vulnerable members of our community to shop in a less crowded environment
.Mei Tzu Sushi Bar and Kitchen
4 Prospect Hill Road, #6 East Windsor Telephone: 860-254-5797 http://www.meitzu.com/ Take Out Monday to Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday to Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Roberto’s Real American Tavern
31 South Main Street East Windsor Telephone: 860-370-9888 http://www.robertosct.com/ Take Out 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
137 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-2404 https://waybackburgers.com/ , Drive Through DoorDash, Grubhub, Wayback App, Doordash 1030am- 900pm
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
145 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-9969 Telephone: 860-623-8824 Take Out Only https://www.crackerbarrel.com/order-online/ Carry Out and Curbside 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
Hotcakes Family Restaurant
238 South Main Street East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-9969 Take Out Only 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
75 South Main Street East Windsor Telephone: 860-254-5399 http://sunnyhouserestaurant.com/ Take Out Only 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Big Y stores will reserve the hours of 7 am to 8 am each day for customers who are 60 and older or have compromised immune systems. INSTACART FOR BIG Y: https://www.instacart.com/big-y
(Fee’s Vary): Online Order Only – https://grocery.walmart.com/ Offers Pick – Up Deliveries extremely limited currently
(Fee’s Vary): Online Order – https://shop.shoprite.com/store/a4214012 Phone Service Order – 1-800- ShopRite – 1-800-746-7748 Offers Delivery
Main Street Grille Restaurant and Pizzeria
110 Main Street Broad Brook Telephone: 860-386-6990 http://grillemainstreet.com/
Take Out, Delivery $5.00 Fee Take Out DoorDash, Grubhub Sunday to Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
75 South Main Street East Windsor Telephone: 860-254-5399 http://sunnyhouserestaurant.com/
Take Out Only 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
41 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor 860-623-0647 Drive Through Only
172 Bridge East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-5027 door dash Drive Through 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
255 South Main Street East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-4020 https://www.henryspizzeria.com/ Full Menu – take out only 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
18 Mullen Road East Windsor Telephone: 860-627-5971 http://www.goldenirenes.com/ Full Menu – Take Out Only Full Menu and Family Specials Take Out Only 11:00 a.m. to 8:00
21 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-0647 Drive Through 10:00 a.m. to Midnight
45 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor Telephone: 860-640-2773 Drive Through Drive Through 6:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. doordash
Nonna’s Pizza Restaurant
140 South Main Street, East Windsor Telephone: 860-903-1403 https://www.nonnaspizzarestaurantmenu.com/ Take Out Delivery through DoorDash.com. 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
Sofia’s Restaurant and Pizzeria
136 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor 860-623-9477
https://www.sofiasrestaurantct.com/ Take Out Only 11:00 – 8: 30 p.m.
Main Fish Market and Restaurant
60 Bridge Street East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-2281 Website: https://mainefishmarket.com/ Take Out Only Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Friday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Big Y Pharmacy
67 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-1407
74 Bridge Street East Windsor Telephone: 860-623-3327
44 Prospect Hill Road East Windsor Telephone: 860-292-1573
SUFFIELD RESTAURANTS NOW OFFERING TAKE OUT–
Provided by Suffield Chamber of Commerce
Zantos Suffield, 140 Mountain Road – www.zantosuffield.com – 860-668-2421 Mon-Sat 11AM-9PM, Sun 4-8PM
Suffield Pizza, 68 Bridge Street, Suite 122 – www.suffieldpizza.com – 860-668-7774 Mon-Wed 11AM-9PM, Thur-Sat 11AM-9:30PM
Pacifica Cuisine, 68 Bridge Street, Suite 120 – www.pacificasuffield.com
– 860-668-1291 Mon-Sun 10AM-8PM
Tosca’s, 68 Bridge Street, Suite 123 – www.toscasuffield.com
– 860-668-0273 Mon-Sun 2PM-8PM
Subway, 148 Mountain Road – https://order.subway.com
– 860-668-4646 9AM-8PM Three Figs, 94 Mountain Road – www.threefigs.com
– 860-668-7081 Mon-Thurs 11:30-9PM, Fri-Sat 11:30AM-10PM, Sun 11:30AM-8PM Nutrition Shack, 5 Ucar Street – https://m.facebook.com/nutritionshack2020
– 860-623-1240 Mon-Fri 6AM-5PM, Sat 8AM-Noon
Francesco’s Pizza, 43 Mountain Road – www.francescos-suffield.com
– 860-668-0200 Tues-Thurs 11:30AM-9PM, Fri-Sat 11:30-10PM, Sun 12PM-9PM Chengs Gourmet Chinese Food, 130 Mountain Road – http://chengsgourmet.foodplaces.com/
– 860-668-9889 – Mon-Sun 11AM-10PM
Coco Thai, 801 Thompsonville Road – https://www.cocothaikitchen.com/
– 860-758- 7557 – Tues-Fri 11AM-2:30PM, 4:30-8:30PM, Sat & Sun 12:00-8:30PM
Business Resources from State of CT-
Visit State Link as well at https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Information-For/Business-Resources
Suspension of non-essential in-person business operations: Governor Lamont has signed an executive order directing all non-essential businesses and not-for-profit entities in Connecticut to prohibit all in-person functions effective Monday, March 23, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
The governor is encouraging all businesses to employ, to the maximum extent possible, any telecommuting or work-from-home procedures that they can safely implement. The order excludes any essential business or entity providing essential services or functions, such as healthcare, food service, law enforcement, and similar critical services.
Businesses and nonprofits seeking direction related to the order are urged to read the guidance provided by DECD.
The State of Connecticut is continuing to take major steps to protect our businesses and residents during the coronavirus crisis. Here are some updates:
- DECD’s COVID-19 Business Emergency Response Unit: The Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) has created a COVID-19 Business Emergency Response Unit dedicated to assisting businesses navigate resources and develop new resources. A dedicated phone line is available at 860-500-2333 to provide assistance to Connecticut’s small businesses for this purpose.
- Small business owner’s guide to the CARES Act: On March 27, 2020, the United States Congress approved the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide the country with relief from the impact of COVID-19. For a guide about how the act will impact small businesses, click here.
- Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program: To provide emergency cash flow relief to Connecticut small businesses and nonprofits that have been negatively impacted by the global spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Lamont created the Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program. Administered by DECD, the program is for businesses and nonprofits that have fewer than 100 employees. Qualifying organizations can apply for zero-interest loans of up to $75,000 or three months of operating expenses (whichever is lesser). This $50 million short-term emergency loan program will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. As of March 27, 2020, the initial round of funding for this program is closed for applications to ensure that those that have been received so far can be processed efficiently and money distributed as quickly as possible. For those that have already submitted an application, additional documentation can be sent within seven days of submittal.
- SBA assistance: On March 16, the U.S. Small Business Administration approved Governor Lamont’s request to begin offering disaster-relief loans to Connecticut small businesses and nonprofits. Companies in the state can now apply for loans of up to $2 million through a special page on the SBA website. SBA also has more valuable information for businesses.
- Tax filing extensions: The Department of Revenue Services has extended deadlines for filing and payments associated with certain state business tax returns. Details are on DRS’s website.
- Unemployment assistance: Workers directly impacted by the coronavirus pandemic no longer must be actively searching for work to qualify for unemployment assistance. And employers who are furloughing workers can use the Department of Labor’s shared work program, which allows businesses to reduce working hours and have those wages supplemented with unemployment insurance. DOL has more information about these and other changes.
- Business Interruption Insurance: A business interruption insurance policy should list or describe the types of events it covers. Events that are not described in the policy are typically not covered. It is important to review the policy exclusions, coverage limits, and applicable deductibles with your agent, broker or insurer. The Connecticut Insurance Department has an FAQ that provides more information.
- Reimbursement of medical leave costs for small and medium-sized businesses: The Connecticut Department of Insurance reminds small and medium-sized employers of recent guidance from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on COVID-19 – related medical leave.
|Occupational and Safety Administration Updates|
|Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19|
Information For those in need:
PAULINE’S STOCKPOT KITCHEN
https://www.facebook.com/stockpot.kitchen .33 TO-GO Dinners are offered from 4pm to 5pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Just drive in and meals are brought to your car along with milk and whatever goodies we can share. We are located at 55 North Main Street in downtown East Windsor with the Wesley United Methodist Church. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING! This is all made possible by the Wesley United Methodist Church of East Windsor, Food Share of Bloomfield, The South Windsor Masons, TBC Services of East Windsor, DATTCO of Windsor Locks and a 100% volunteer staff of caring neighbors.
FIVE CORNER CUPBOARD FOOD PANTRY: www.facebook.com/FiveCornerCupboardFoodPantry Five Corner Cupboard will continue to stay open as long as they can during this difficult time. Their hours have NOT changed. TUESDAYS ONLY: 9 am -12 pm and 1 pm – 5:30 pm. Clients are asked to stay in their cars and do not come into the building. You will be given a number in the parking lot. PLEASE BRING A LIST OF WHAT YOU NEED. A volunteer will take your list and fill the order as best they can based on what is available. Your order will be brought to your car. Please be prepared to wait. We don’t know how long it will take to serve everyone using this “car hop” method. Donations will be accepted, especially paper products, Mondays from 9 a.m. to Noon. SENIOR/DISABLED MEALS: Meals on Wheels and CRT “Grab and GO” lunches: Senior Center staff will deliver “Grab and Go” meals and Meals on Wheels to registered seniors. “Grab and Go” Meals are for people age 60 and older. The suggested donation is $2.50 per day. Five days worth of frozen meals will be delivered on Monday of each week. No mid-week signups are permitted. Please call us at 860-292-8279 with any questions or to register.
End Hunger CT-EHC! SNAP
Call Center (English & Spanish –1-866-974-7627) SNAP- provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of needy families so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency. In order to find out if you are eligible for assistance, you will need to give information about your household, income, assets, and the bills you must pay each month. You can request forms mailed to you by calling 1-855-626-6632 or apply online at www.connect.ct.gov. The East Windsor Social Services office can also assist with this by calling 860-623-2430.
https://www.facebook.com/East-Windsor-Senior-Services The Senior Center is currently CLOSED. We will continue transportation for medicals, food pantry and grocery shopping only. Our staff will deliver “Grab and Go” meals and Meals on Wheels to registered seniors. Please call us at 860-292-8279 with any questions, to register a senior citizen for service. Follow our Senior Services on Facebook for ideas and activities to keep you busy. Don’t forget to check in on us too! Be Well!
https://www.facebook.com/East-Windsor-Social-Services East Windsor Social Services Office is currently CLOSED FOR IN-PERSON MEETINGS. Staff will remotely continue to assist via telephone and email during normal office hours. Please call us at 860-623-2430 for assistance.
SOCIAL WELL-BEING CHECK INS:
Social isolation can take its toll on anyone. Now is a great time to call, email, or text family, friends, neighbors, etc. The Community Services Departments are working on developing a Social Wellbeing Check-in system for its residents. Phone calls will be placed by town staff to help limit the feeling of isolation. This system is currently in the development phase. If you are an East Windsor resident and wish to be added to the call list, you can email your full name, address, and phone number to Dwilliams@eastwindsorct.com , Bjoy@eastwindsorct.com , or KMonteiro@eastwindsorct.com
. Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations like COVID-19. You may feel anxiousness, anger, sadness, or be overwhelmed. Find ways to reduce your stress to help yourself and the people you care about. The CDC is recommending that if you or a loved one is feeling overwhelmed, get support 24/7 by calling 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. Learn more about stress and coping during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://bit.ly/39UVoEj