When:
June 13, 2020 @ 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
2020-06-13T10:00:00-04:00
2020-06-13T16:30:00-04:00
Where:
CT Trolley Museum
58 North Rd East Windsor CT 06088
Cost:
see info below

Image may contain: one or more people, text and outdoor

JUN 13

CONN Open House Day

CT Trolley Museum will participate in the 16th Annual Connecticut Open House Day – a unified celebration of the state’s fascinating world of art, history, and tourism – on June 13, 2020. During this one-day event, CT Trolley Museum, along with more than 200 other organizations and attractions throughout the state, will open its doors and offer special incentives (discounts, free admission, free gifts, special offers, etc.) to visitors.

This exciting statewide event, sponsored by the Connecticut Office of Tourism (COT), is designed to broaden awareness among residents of Connecticut’s exceptional cultural and tourism assets and encourage them to become ambassadors who share their newfound discoveries with visiting family and friends.

Receive free admission with one paid admission, higher price prevails. To qualify for any Open House Day special, all visitors must
show a valid Connecticut driver’s license.

Connecticut Open House Day also includes opportunities to become a Connecticut Ambassador as part of COT’s Ambassador Program, an ongoing initiative designed to cultivate pride among residents in the state’s many diverse historic, arts, tourism and
entertainment treasures. For more information about Connecticut Open House Day, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit.

The Connecticut Electric Railway Association, Inc. is the owner and operator of the Connecticut Trolley Museum. Founded in October 1940, it is the nation’s oldest incorporated organization dedicated to the preservation of the trolley era.

As a non-profit institution, its educational and historical aim is the establishment of a full scale operating street and interurban railroad system with the appropriate accessory equipment and buildings, to recreate an important phase of New England’s business and social life from 1890 to 1949. A three-mile round trip streetcar ride with an educational narrative is provided to the museum’s visitors during their visit. All work at the museum, except for one paid employee in the museum office, is done by volunteers. There are over 70 pieces or rail equipment owned by the museum, some of them dating as far back as 1869. This collection is made up of passenger and freight streetcars, elevated railway cars, interurban cars, service cars, locomotives (diesel and electric), passenger and freight railroad cars, and other pieces of miscellaneous railway equipment.