The East Windsor Athletic Club would like to announce the postponement of the Athletic Clubs annual golf tournament. This year‘s golf tournament will now be held on Saturday, October 10, 2020. The safety of our players is our top priority and we look forward to seeing you in October.
We would also like to announce that we have decided to move our 2020 Hall of Fame induction to November 2021.
We hope to ensure that our inductees are able to invite as many of their family and friends to attend their special day and not be limited to a small number of people to celebrate with them. Information on both events will be forthcoming we thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you all soon. #EastWindsorStrong￼￼￼￼￼
The East Windsor Athletic Club is a group dedicated to assisting athletics in the town of East Windsor. As a non-profit organization, the Athletic Club works to support athletics and athletes in town through volunteer and financial efforts.
The club’s main fundraiser is the annual golf tournament. The golf tournament provides an excellent opportunity for people to get together and enjoy a good day of golf, a dinner afterwards, and the satisfaction of knowing you helped raise monies through your tournament fee and other sponsoring opportunities.
Another fundraiser is the annual Hall of Fame dinner. At the Hall of Fame dinner we honor individuals or groups who made a difference to East Windsor sports, either on the field or behind the scenes. Please remember to set aside the dinner date annually and make plans to attend. It’s a wonderful night out for you, family, and friends.
The East Windsor Athletic Club, through the efforts of both the annual golf tournament and Hall of Fame dinner, helps to provide those items that may not be possible otherwise. In past years, proceeds were directed to areas such as:
- EWAC Scholarship Fund (over $20,000) (each year a minimum of two EW scholar athletes are recipients)
- Scoreboards at all three schools.
- Co-funded sports clinics each year.
- Co-funded installation of glass backboards at the high school and middle school.
- Co-funded the purchase of aluminum benches in the new dugouts at Osborn Field’s main field.
- Fully funded the Heart Trail/Jogging Trail at EWMS.
- Donation to East Windsor Playground Fund (exercise starts at an early age).
- Co-funded EWHS Boys Basketball Class S Championship banquet.
- Funded and installed new aluminum backboards at the EWMS playground
To Know more like them on Face book or visit www.ewsports.com