11 hrs ·
I just signed a new Executive Order that takes several additional actions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our state.
Here are short summaries of each provision. Each of them take effect immediately.
1. Restricts gatherings to no more than 5 people.
2. Where reasonably practicable, requires eating establishments that remain open for off-premise consumption to limit entrance of guests to the minimum extent necessary. Also requires touchless payment if available.
3. Requires all retail establishments that remain open and permit customers inside to ensure customers maintain 6 feet of distance between each other. Also requires touchless payment if available.
4. Requires all retail businesses that sell firearms, ammunition, or similar components to conduct all transactions by appointment only in order to limit as much person-to-person contact as possible.
5. Suspends tax on single-use plastic bags.
6. Prohibits operators of grocery stores or retail businesses from forcing their employees to bag items into customer-provided reusable bags.
7. Suspends 21-month limit on Temporary Family Assistance.
8. Recognizing that the COVID-19 pandemic has had a major disruption on schools, the order waives all annual student assessment test requirements for the current school year.