The East Windsor Chamber of Commerce is an Advocate to Our East Windsor H.A.T. and receives some information from FOOD SHARE and its Leaders– The EWCC is sharing this information as we think it is important to many-
Hello Hunger Action Team Network Members,
Please share the information below and attached with your networks.
Restaurant & Business Recovery Grant Program – An update from materials provided by State Representative Joe Verrengia on 12/22/2020:
- A new federally-funded grant program – a helping hand to bars and restaurants and other local businesses – will start cutting checks right around New Year’s Eve.
- The $10,000 to $30,000 grants are funded by the second federal stimulus package. The State will provide grants to approximately 1,500 to 2,000 small and mid-size businesses that have been hurt by the pandemic. The amount will be based on business size and pandemic-based need (including payroll and gross receipts). There is no application needed for the grants. Checks will be sent out starting on Friday, December 31, 2020.
- Learn more at ct.gov/coronavirus
School Meals During Winter Break
- Many school districts will be providing meals during the 2020-21 winter break. Links from the State Department of Education website below:
o Link to a list of: School Districts offering Meals during Winter Break
o Note other districts may also provide meals during the winter break, for districts not included above, please search online for “School Meals during COVID-19 in [insert City/Town, CT] during Winter Break.”
o After the Winter Break check out this Link to a list of: School Districts offering Meals for ALL Children ages 18 or younger (includes Students & Nonstudents)
- Local details can be found at each School District website – please search online for “School Meals during COVID-19 in [insert City/Town, CT].”
The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) – An update from CT United Way
- Text CTWARM to 898211
- The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is designed to help offset the winter heating costs of Connecticut’s lower income households, specifically those households whose income falls at or below 60 percent of the state median income.
- To access energy assistance through CEAP you must make an appointment with the CEAP application site in your area. If you need help paying for your primary source of heat text CTWARM to 898211 to find a CEAP application site near you.
- To learn more about the Connecticut Energy Assistance program download 211 CT’s eLibrary paper.
COVID-19 Vaccine – Attitudes & Perspectives for Communities of Color
- Virtual presentation on Sunday, December 27th @ 7:00 pm
o Dr. Reginald Eadie, President & CEO Trinity Health of NE; and Co-Chair of CT COVID Vaccine Advisory Committee,
o Greg Jones, VP Community Health & Engagement Hartford Healthcare; CT COVID Vaccine Advisory Committee – Communications Subcommittee; and HAT member.
- Link to Register
ALICE Town Hall Series – Webinar on Homelessness and Affordable Housing
- Tuesday, January 19th @ 8:00 am
- Link to RSVP
- Questions can be directed to HAT member Rebekah Castagno at RCastagno@unitedwayinc.org
Access Health CT Open Enrollment EXTENDED Until January 15th!
- Access Health CT (AHCT) is Connecticut’s official health insurance marketplace. AHCT offers Connecticut residents and employers a range of quality, affordable health and dental insurance options from several health insurance partners.
o As a result of the current health crisis, Access Health CT has extended the 2021 Annual Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2021.
o If you choose a plan during the extension, your coverage will begin on February 1, 2021.
- HELP/Questions – Click HERE for Free Help (access virtual or in-person help from enrollment specialists and certified brokers).
o Access Health CT will continue to offer free enrollment help to all Connecticut residents during the extension.
- ENROLL – Click HERE to enroll today!
- Questions can be directed to HAT Member – Ellyn Laramie at Ellyn.Laramie@ct.gov
- Community Solutions – Swift Factory – Administrative Coordinator for Swift.
Questions can be directed to HAT member Patrick McKenna at email@example.com.
- Hartford Food System – Managing Director position. Details are attached.
Questions can be directed to HAT member Martha Page at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all of your help during 2020. We wish you and your loved ones a safe and restorative holiday season – Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, and Happy Three Kings Day!!!
Jim Palma and Sarah Hill
Community Network Builders
450 Woodland Ave, Bloomfield, CT 06002
Hunger is big. Our community is bigger.
Help your neighbors get the food they need today. Take Action >